Quiet loud sinks – Fill the space between two stainless steel sink basins with expanding foam. The foam deadens vibrations and lessens the gong effect. It's possible to do this with the sink in place but much neater and easier before installation. Either way, let the foam harden and then trim away the excess with a knife.
Silence creaking pipes – Running hot water can cause copper pipes to expand and grind against pipe hangers and joists. So pick up some adhesive-backed felt at the hardware store and cut it into strips. Then remove each hanger and wrap the pipe before refastening the hanger.
- ScotchBlue Painter Tape Advanced Multi-Surface with Edge-Lock 2093-1.5IN
- Scotch Painter's Masking Tape For Hard-to-Stick Surfaces – 1.88″ x 60-Yard – 2060
- Intertape General Purpose Blue Ductape by Intertape – 1.87″ x 60yd
- ZipWall 1in x 60ft Double Sided Tape – T160
- Trim Shield 2in x 36yd
- 3M Scotch-Blue Painter's Tape for Multi-Surfaces 2090 2″
- 3M Scotch-Blue Painter's Tape for Multi-Surfaces 2090 1-1/2″
- Tape & Drape, Pre-Taped Masking Film 24in x 90ft