Quiet loud sinks – Fill the space between two stainless steel sink basins with expanding foam. The foam deadens vibrations and lessens the gong effect. It's possible to do this with the sink in place but much neater and easier before installation. Either way, let the foam harden and then trim away the excess with a knife.
Silence creaking pipes – Running hot water can cause copper pipes to expand and grind against pipe hangers and joists. So pick up some adhesive-backed felt at the hardware store and cut it into strips. Then remove each hanger and wrap the pipe before refastening the hanger.
- BrassCraft – Compression x Compression Brass T-Fitting – 3/8″ x 3/8″ x 3/8″
- Ridgid – Aluminum Wrench 836
- Oatey – PVC Cement – 8 oz
- Simer Sta-Rite 2300 Utility Pump
- Oatey – All-Purpose Pipe and Fitting Cleaner – 8 oz.
- Danco Chrome Quarter-Turn Straight Valve
- Fluidmaster Universal Toilet Repair Kit
- 21-ft Plumber's Tape