Fasteners can also be used to close a container such as a bag, a box, or an envelope; or they may involve keeping together the sides of an opening of flexible material, attaching a lid to a container, etc. There are also special-purpose closing devices, e.g. a bread clip. Fasteners used in these manners are often temporary, in that they may be fastened and unfastened repeatedly.
There are three major steel fasteners used in industries: stainless steel, carbon steel, and alloy steel. The major grade used in stainless steel fasteners: 200 series, 300 series, and 400 series.
- Paslode 3 in. x 0.120 Galvanized Framing Nails
- Grip-Rite 4000 Box 3-1/4 in. x 0.131-Gauge Plastic Galvanized Smooth Framing Nails
- Grip-Rite 5000 1-1/2 in. 18-Gauge Finish Brad Nail
- Torre #8 x 1-1/4 in. Phillips Coarse Thread Sharp Point Drywall Screws
- Tapcon 1/4 in. x 3-1/4 in. Polymer Plated Steel Hex-Washer-Head Concrete Anchors