Asphalt is the common name for Asphaltic Concrete – the material you see everywhere on streets and highways, as opposed to Portland Cement Concrete, the other common road material.
Blacktop is just another name for asphalt – the term originated when the conversion from all concrete roads to asphalt started, and concrete highways needing repair were “blacktopped” with an asphalt overlay as an economic fix – still commonly done, as the concrete is much stronger and longer lasting but the asphalt is a cheaper wear layer, so even many modern new roads are still done this 2-layer way, though extremely rare on all but the fanciest estate-sized residential jobs due to cost, and it is an overkill in that application.
Sealcoating is an asphaltic liquid coating (cheaper form is water emulsion spread on at ambient temperature, higher quality and longer lasting but more expensive is asphalt sprayed on at very high temperature) – used to seal and renew the surface of aging asphalt.
- Quikrete Commercial Grade Blacktop Repair – 50 lb.
- Latex-ite Ultra Shield Driveway Filler Sealer 4.75-Gal.
- Sakrete Blacktop Crack Filler – 1 gal
- Sakrete Concrete and Asphalt Cleaner – 1qt.
- Sakrete All Weather Blacktop Patch – 60 lb bag
- Quikrete Blacktop Patch – 60 lb bag
- Quikrete High Performance Blacktop Repair – 50 lb.
- Quikrete Blacktop Repair Tube